Module 1 Summary and Reflection
The first step to being authentic is to know yourself – to develop your self-awareness. You can become more self-aware by taking note of your thoughts, feelings, strengths and weaknesses. Examine your friendships and intimate relationships. Discovering what others think of you can add to your self-awareness as well.
Look at your past and analyze how it affects your present circumstances, beliefs, and values. Make your own decision as to how you want it to affect your future.
Discover your passions by delving into many areas of things you enjoy the most.
Learn strategies to develop and maintain your self-awareness. Meditating and writing a journal both are effective aids in this endeavor.
The more self-aware you become, the more authentically you’ll be able to live your life.
- Why do I need to be self-aware in order to live authentically?
- Do I feel like I’ve been self-aware in the past? How can learning more about myself help me?
- How does my childhood affect my current beliefs? How does it affect my values?
- What parts of my childhood do I want to carry with me into the future? What experiences do I want to let go of?
- What can I learn about myself from my friends?
- What are my passions? How can I structure my life so that more of my daily activities reflect these passions?
Moving forward, your next module enables you to give yourself a self-concept makeover!