Module 3 Summary and Reflection
In order to live authentically, it’s important that you know yourself and accept the person you are – flaws and strengths both. Since you’ve already discovered all about you, this module takes you through several steps to help you gain self-acceptance.
You can help yourself let go of your past mistakes by analyzing the situations in which you made errors. Take responsibility for your mistakes, make amends where you can, and remember that you’ve learned and grown since then. Forgiving yourself for these mistakes is most important, so you can finally let go of them and move on.
One reason why it’s often hard to accept yourself is because of the voice inside you that tells you, “You’re not good enough.” However, it’s possible to completely change your self-talk to say positive things instead of negative. Imagine how uplifting it can be when your self-talk encourages you all day long!
Even with an encouraging voice, you may still be plagued with doubts. Learn how to get rid of these doubts and any lingering issues that cause you to have a negative self-image.
Lastly, you discover techniques that help you build a healthy, positive self-image. Not only will you be happier with yourself, but you’ll also move further along the path to being able to live authentically. You’ll be proud to show the world who you really are!
How can accepting myself help me live authentically?
- What parts of my personality do I have trouble accepting? Why is that?
- Are any of my past mistakes keeping me from living the life I desire? What do I need to do to make amends for these mistakes and move on from them?
- What does my self-talk say to me throughout most of each day?
- How can I make my self-talk say more of the things I’d like to hear?
- What types of situations cause me to doubt myself? How can I practice being more self-confident in these situations?
- How would I describe my self-image? What can I do to make my self-image more positive?
Now that you have a healthy self-image, in the next module, you’ll discover how to move past acceptance and actually love the person you are.