The Benefits of Discovering and Living Your Life Purpose
Previously in your journey to authenticity, you’ve discovered who you really are and learned to love yourself through and through. This module focuses on strategies to reveal your life purpose to you so you can arrange your life around what is most important to you.
Do you wake up each day dreading the idea of spending another day at work? You might even feel the need to be a part of something bigger and more meaningful. If you’ve failed to discover and build your life around your life purpose, you might feel dissatisfied with your life. Determining the purpose of your life can be a simple process.
It can take a bit of work to uncover the truth, but it’s within you. It’s waiting to be unearthed and utilized.
Living a life that’s congruent with your purpose will allow you to start each day with a smile, hope, and a plan. It’s a tool for connecting with something meaningful outside yourself. Everyone has a different “why”. The trick is to determine the “why” that fits your values and talents.
If your life is in a rut, discovering your life purpose is the first step to a life filled with passion and contentment.
“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
Maybe you hold the belief that work is called “work” for a reason. You might think that life is hard, boring, and that enjoyment is only for children and retirees. All stages of life can be meaningful and exciting. Knowing that you’re living the life that’s right for you is the key to finding enjoyment each day.
The advantages of knowing your life purpose are far reaching:
- You’ll enjoy focus and clarity. When you’re not spending your time and efforts on the things that matter to you, your focus is elsewhere. When you’re not clear on your purpose, it’s hard to make effective decisions.
- Lacking direction, focus, and purpose is no way to go through life. Knowing your purpose makes life simpler.
- Life will be more fun! When you know your purpose and live it each day, life has the opportunity to be more enjoyable. With your fears and doubts in the rearview mirror, you’re in a better position to enjoy yourself.
- It enhances your passion for life. Spending your day on the things that are most important to you will release your passion. You’ll feel the enthusiasm you had as a child. With a compelling future and a high level of motivation, you become unstoppable. This is missing from a life without a clear purpose.
- You become part of something bigger than yourself. You’ll have sense of certainty that’s both comforting and peaceful. It’s a chance to make a big and meaningful contribution to the world.
Discovering the answer to the question, “What is the purpose of my life?” will change your life forever. How can you determine your life purpose?
As you’ll see, there are several strategies.
In the next lesson, you’ll explore the answers to some very important questions that may reveal your life purpose to you.
Here’s what you need to do today:
Reflect on how your life may change by discovering your life purpose. In your journal, write three ways in which your life will be different and more satisfying to you.